One Portal Way
SPACE FOR EVERYONE
Welcome to our consultation website for One Portal Way in North Acton.
One Portal Way has the potential to create a vibrant space which has something for everyone.
We are considering a range of activities and uses as part of our proposals including new homes to suit a range of needs, office and work space, new outdoor spaces and children’s playspaces, community spaces, cafés, restaurants, bars, shops and leisure and well-being.
The proposals also have the potential to support west London’s growing tech and innovation cluster, which Imperial is at the heart of. Although we are not proposing a new education campus at One Portal Way, the scheme could provide new and affordable places for the Capital’s current and future innovators to live, work and play.
We are at a very early stage and there will be many opportunities to comment on the plans as they evolve. For the timebeing, we wanted to introduce the team and hear what you think is important so we can take your views on board as we develop our proposals.
We will then share conceptual designs in the coming months, with the aim of submitting a planning application later in the year.
0800 307 7554
THE SITE & OPPORTUNITY
One Portal Way could be a new focal point at the heart of North Acton to meet the needs of existing and future communities.
- Imperial College London – one of the world’s leading universities renowned for science, engineering, medicine and business – acquired One Portal Way in 2016.
- The site has an existing planning consent, however the area has changed a lot in the last five years and Imperial is considering new development proposals to better reflect the current and future needs of Ealing, North Action and local people.
- Frame RE has been selected by Imperial as their developer to work with architects Pilbrow & Partners to create new plans.
- The site is surrounded by security features, parking, and vehicle access points associated with Dixons Carphone, a leading omnichannel retailer of technology products and services.
- It is inaccessible to the public and offers little to the community and passers-by.
- One Portal Way is the largest and most centrally-located site in North Acton and has the potential to be the new heart of the area – knitting other developments to form a new vibrant place.
- Dixons Carphone are in discussions with Imperial about potentially upgrading their HQ to a more modern, sustainable facility that would better reflect their needs as a leading tech company.
- A variety of exciting uses and new connections to attract people onto a site which is currently inaccessible to the public.
- A greener, healthier and more sustainable central place for people to live, create, meet, relax and enjoy themselves.
- A place which can support west London’s current and future entrepreneurs, with new and affordable places to live.
- The opportunity to work with the Borough, neighbouring landowners and local people to develop a compelling and comprehensive vision for the North Acton area.